- PDFLib .NET Deploy Tip (specified module could not be found)
We’re using the ASP.NET C# version of PDFLib at work to generate loads of reports and cool pdf files. Everything was peachy on our development systems until we deployed to staging servers and started getting a strange error.
All of the sudden we started getting the following exception on the site:
The specified module could not be found.
(Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
Not one of Microsoft’s more useful error messages, to be true and googling for that error returns so many diverse topics that they were completely useless.
So after a bit of troubleshooting, we came to the following solution tips. These should work for both C# and VB and any other .NET language. Tested on Windows 2003 and Windows Server 2008. (more…)